KidStylin (KS) is a Chicago-based company offering parents and kids a social shopping experience by bringing kids fashion to one fun-to-shop location. Site makes it fun and easy to dress kids, keep up on the latest styles & best sales, and even receive stock alerts from favorite brands and stores.
CLIENT BUSINESS CHALLENGES OR REQUESTS
- KS wanted to create social platform – a community of parents – where they pick up clothes for their children and share with others in the group
- KS requested data feed from 70+ other kids clothing sites and brands
- KS required some kind of notification when product price drops, including option to purchase at time of notification if user is so inclined
- Client was unsure how to manage multiple affiliate networks on data feed
- We are running this project in agile methodology.
- We spent 15 days finalizing UI/UX and design of website with 8 different design options
- We introduced BLOCK concept where parents can create their block and add products within block; now parent-customers can share this block with their followers on any social media platform
- We also introduced “sale alert” functionality which allows users to opt in to receive sales notifications from any of the brand updates to which they subscribe
- We developed backend dashboard to empower KS to control product management as well as automated email content and distribution
- Rich backend data collection also helps KS monitor status of running daily services